I started this post a while ago, back in March haha! I have a number of drafts that I have started and worked on but then just haven’t gotten around to finishing. We had gone to the Houston Rodeo that day so the boys could see the livestock and do some of the fun stuff they have around there, and then of course once we got home I was pretty wiped and wanted an easy dinner!
This has become one of our favorites, an easy Friday night go to for us. When we went to visit my cousin in Austin in March, Ashley made these for us for dinner one night and it was so yummy! Y’all know how I like to just snag recipes from people and then stick them on here haha, so I want to make sure I give credit where credit is due!
First, I’m sharing some cute pictures of our fun day and then I will get on the yummy recipe! I do want to go ahead and mention that the way we ate this tonight, was not a whole30 meal, but if you are going for that, then just adjust your toppings and serve on a patacone, over a bed of lettuce or with plantain chips.
Ok so on to the recipe! Again, super easy and flavorful! We even enjoyed this leftover as well! One of my favorite things to make as a side for this is the Crunchy Apple Coleslaw Salad, it has a sweetness that helps balance out the salty!
- Raw fresh Shrimp – You could probably use frozen as well, I just like getting shrimp from the market area or fresh meats area of the store for this. You could opt for tail on or off haha depending on how much work you want to do!
- olive oil or coconut oil
- Seasonings: Ashley just said she sprinkles and adds according to taste, I kind of smell it as I go kind of adjust based on that… maybe that was TMI haha…
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- Toppings: You can get creative here or eat based upon your dietary needs, but here are some ideas that we’ve enjoyed…
- guacamole (duh)
- sour cream
- cilantro (definitely include this one!)
- shredded lettuce
- corn relish
- Corn Tortillas, Plantain Chips or Patacones depending on your preference
What to do:
- Clean your shrimp and rinse.
- Place your shrimp in a bowl and add your seasonings.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan on the stove. Once it is melted, add your shrimp and stir around.
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip them to the other side and cook a few more minutes.
- Add them to your dish and top how you want! And then enjoy with a La Croix on your back porch with your loves!