I think everyone has those nights when they get up in the morning and have a busy day planned, and realize you have nothing planned for dinner, or time to go get anything! This is seriously the easiest meal on the planet! I had a day where I wanted something yummy for dinner but no time, so just looked in the fridge around lunch time and saw some chicken breasts, and knew I had a jar of salsa in the pantry, so just threw those two things together and made a yummy meal in minutes!
- Chicken Breasts
- Jar of Salsa – probably around 16 oz. (If you are doing a Whole30, check sugar content and other ingredients for compliance!)
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
Why to Do:
- Rinse your chicken breasts, trim off any fat and place it in your crock pot.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of chicken stock on top of the chicken.
- Pour the jar of salsa on top.
- Set your crock pot to cook on high for 4 hours. If you have more time you could do low for longer.
- After it has finished cooking, shred your chicken and mix the salsa all in.
You could easily use this shredded chicken for tacos, burritos, taco bowls, on top of a patacone or even enchilada filler. I ate mine straight from my plate with some yummy plantain chips and guacamole! It was super tasty and easy! Save this recipe for a busy night for sure!