I have become quite the fan of cauliflower rice over the last year and a half, it is SUCH a great substitution to regular white rice, and after you make it a few times you realize it really isn’t that hard! You can make it with a head of fresh cauliflower, or my go to, a bag of frozen cauliflower. I like to keep a couple of bags on hand in my freezer just in case there is a night I need it! Another reason I am a big fan of caulirice, is that it is super versatile and you can add different seasonings and flavors to get the perfect side dish!
This cilantro lime rice I have seen here and there on different posts online, but I basically just started from Melissa Hartwig’s Whole30 Recipe Book and then made a couple of changes to accompany my beef fajita bowls that I made the same night!
- 1 large cauliflower head or bag of frozen cauliflower
- 3 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cilantro minced
- 1 lime’s juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet, adding the yellow onion and garlic. Let this cook for a few minutes.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor to get it to rice size pieces. I use my Ninja Chopper because it is just quick and easy! (and Yes, I know I say this ALL the time hahah!) Add the cauliflower to the skillet.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste and let this cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the juice from one lime and as much chopped cilantro as you like to the skillet. Keep stirring until everything is mixed well and cooked through. I personally like my caulirice cooked pretty thoroughly, almost a little crispy here and there! Enjoy!
My little man has been loving to help me cook lately!
Like I mentioned earlier, I used this as my base for beef fajita bowls (post coming soon!) and it was delicious! I love being able to eat “rice” but not have that heavy, carb coma afterwards! It’s a great alternative and great reheated…you should give it a try!