This recipe was a Pinterest find here, and so easy! I like one pot/pan stir fry kind of stuff… meals you cut up, through together and season. Makes life so much easier, and this is one of those meals! Easy, tasty, and good leftover so checks off all of our requirements haha!
- 1 lb. of medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 oz. of pre-cooked smoked sausage (I just used a pack of Chicken Apple Sausage)
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (I didn’t have this, so I combined cayenne red pepper, ground mustard, paprika and a bay leaf… just kind of sprinkled to taste)
- olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional parsley and red pepper flakes to top
What To Do:
- Heat oil in your skillet and add the shrimp seasoned with the Old Bay seasoning. Cook a few minutes and then set aside.
- Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil or coconut oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add sausage and zucchini to the skillet, and cook a couple more minutes.
- Put shrimp back into the skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything another minute.
- Pour chicken stock into the pan and mix through to moisten everything.
- Add salt, ground pepper, and optional red flakes to taste.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley.