Ahhh the refreshing smoothie. I feel like I have been on an eternal quest to find my favorite most perfect blend of smoothie ingredients to make “the best smoothie ever.”
And people. I think I did it. For me at least. I like my smoothies to be creamy, sweet but not too sweet, cool and refreshing and just the right size. And I also think they should be green. I just feel like that’s a good thing.
I don’t know about y’all, but when I put “smoothie” into a search on Pinterest, I kind of get knocked down by the thousands of smoothie recipes coming at me with hundreds of different mixtures and ingredients and I just. can’t. handle. trying to pick one out for myself. Because I don’t want a thousand recipes, I just want one good one that I can throw together on any day and it’s good.
I called this post “Smoothie Time,” because when we were living with my in-laws waiting for our house to be built, my mother in law made a smoothie almost every morning and split it with Jackson. So we dubbed any time that a smoothie is made, “smoothie time.” Makes sense, right?
Also, this bad boy is Whole30 approved too as far as approved smoothies go. They do advise that you limit smoothies in general because they have a good amount of fruit sugars in them, which can off set blood sugars later in the day, so I tried to be mindful of that when I was putting this together. I personally enjoy having one of these as kind of an afternoon pick me up to make it to dinnertime.
So here it is, the most perfect smoothie compilation ever. Get ready for it people, it’s going to knock your socks off.
- 1 banana
- 5-6 frozen strawberries
- 1 avocado (soft) – yes do it! Good fats for your brain and this is what makes this jewel so dreamy creamy!
- 1 big handful of spinach – don’t skimp on this! You need it to be green I tell you!
- Splash of almond milk (I actually used my nut pods creamer because we just finished a Whole30 so that’s what I had on hand haha…)
- 1 scoop of Collagen Protein Peptides (these have so many great health benefits… check it out! – This site has a really great explanation of what they are and what they do!)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Splash of water (I would add just a little here and there as you are blending to get the consistency you want.)
- If you want a sweeter taste and aren’t doing a Whole30, you could add a tiny bit of honey as well.
What To Do:
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend it up!
- Add water here and there if it is too thick for you.
- Pour it into a mason jar and add a cute straw. Because that will obviously make it even more tasty. Enjoy!