I have mentioned before that I really enjoy cooking out of the Well Fed Cookbook. Occasionally there are recipes that call for mashed cauliflower and I really like their approach, so I just wanted to share it here with you.
Their Shepherd’s pie recipe is so delicious and usually where I find myself needing some mashed cauliflower!
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- (recipe also stated 1 tbsp. and 2 tsp. dried chopped chives but I left this out.)
What To Do:
- Cook the cauliflower according to the package, I just steamed mine in the microwave in some water for a few minutes until it was thoroughly heated and then drained the water.
- In a small skillet, heat the garlic, coconut oil, coconut milk, salt and pepper for a couple of minutes.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to puree the cauliflower.
- Add the skillet mix to the processor and pulse again to mix together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and enjoy!