So this meal is so easy I almost feel silly for even making a post for it, but alas, because it is so easy, it must be put out there in case there might be someone who hasn’t thought about it! I seriously do this almost every week, and it is a great go to for lunch!
I make my own taco seasoning these days, just because it is easier to have on hand and doesn’t have any additives you might find in packages. I just put it in a mason jar and refill it when I’ve run through it!
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/8 cup ground cumin
- 1 tbsp.garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- Brown 2 lb. of ground beef. (I always do a lot so we have extra for lunches! You could also add some diced onion to this if you want.)
- Drain excess fat if there is a lot and return to pan.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of taco seasoning to your meat depending on how much you prefer, and add around 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat long enough to cook off the water and then simmer for a few minutes.
- Add your taco meat to a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
I couldn’t pass up sharing a couple of sweet pics of my youngest munchkin… I love how big he looks here in this chair and how he’s saying “cheese” for the picture!