So I kind of feel like there are people who are fish people out there and people who aren’t hehe. I fall somewhere in the middle. I love seafood, I really enjoy eating fish in restaurants but I never cook it at home. But when my sweet friend Lacy sent this recipe my way, I thought, “Hey, let’s give it a try.”
It was so quick to prepare and bake, and was really tasty! Just picked up some tilapia at the fresh market at our grocery store, brushed some ghee and seasonings on it and baked! Done! I think it will be a repeat around here! It was good leftover on a salad with too!
- 3 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2-3 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 tilapia filet, washed and cleaned
- 2 tbsp. ghee (originally recipe says butter, but were keeping it clean Whole30 this month!)
What To Do:
- Add all of the spices together in a bowl and mix.
- Lay your tilapia on a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Melt the ghee and brush over your fish on both sides.
- Rub the seasoning on both sides. (If you don’t like spicy food, go easy on this!)
- Bake for 7 minutes on one side, the flip fish and bake 7 minutes on the other side.
The original recipe has sliced zucchini around the fish on the same pan, but I had about 6 slices of fish to bake (wanted leftovers!) so I did roasted squash and zucchini on a separate baking sheet. Hope you all enjoy!