Instead of doing separate posts for roasting veggies, I thought I would just list them in one. I might separate them later who knows haha… for now, they will hang out here together and I will add to it as I go!
I kind of hated veggies before Whole30. I mean, I would eat them because I knew they were good for me but I didn’t love them. Now I love them, and I look forward to them. Hello, I now crave brussels sprouts. I don’t even know who I am anymore. We roast SO many veggies now and they just have more flavor and are more enjoyable. And seriously, so fast. Just cut them up, drizzle with oil and seasonings and they only need to cook for 10-15 minutes usually!
- Wash aspragus and cut off the ends.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tsp. of olive oil or duck fat, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp. rosemary, 1 tsp. thyme
- Brush mixture over asparagus and top with sea salt.
- Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- We also will just drizzle olive oil or ghee and top with sea salt and throw them on the grill for a few minutes! Great flavor!
- Chop in half (I have to insert my knife and kind of bang the thing on my cutting board to get the knife to go through. Those things are tough! Also a lesson in Newton’s Second Law of Motion for you hehehe… couldn’t resist leaving that out!)
- Scoop out the seeds in the middle.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place face down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45ish min. on 375 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and shred with a fork. This is super yummy with Jessica’s Spaghetti! It also reheats well in a skillet!
Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- Cut up your zucchini and squash.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10ish minutes on 350 degrees.
Basalmic Roasted Butternut Squash
- I’m not gonna lie, these things are beasts to cut up and at this point in my life I’m not above buying the precut butternut squash in the produce section haha… so grab you a bag of those.
- Place in a bowl and add a splash of basalmic vinegar and olive oil.
- Spread out over a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary.
- Bake on 350 for maybe 20ish min depending on how soft or crispy you want them to be.