I think when people here “Whole30” they initially think, “Oh man, there’s no way I could do that, it involves WAY to much cooking.” And yes, you probably will be cooking more than normal, especially if you eat out a lot or just eat a lot of frozen meals, but Whole30 is doable without elaborate meals that take hours to prepare.
As a mom of two very ACTIVE toddler boys, I truly understand what it’s like to be short on time. I seriously don’t even know how I’ve gotten as much up on my blog as I have because I only have about 30-40 minutes during the day when they are both asleep hehe, so most days I stay up late writing these posts out… but anyway, my point is that there are meals that are EASY to make if you are short on time and this is one of them.
This has been a go to for us on busy nights or a weekend night, because it’s so easy to just chop up and throw together and then bake. You could easy add a salad or other roasted veggies to it to extend your meal, but some nights we like this just as it is. This is also good left over and for breakfast!
- White Potatoes (I like the smaller golden white ones that don’t have the thick peeling so you don’t have to peel them!)
- Chicken Apple Sausage or Smoked Sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Olive Oil (optional…sometimes I do this just with the bacon grease that drips down and it works!)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
What to do:
- Chop your potatoes into chunky pieces.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. (Helps the potatoes to crisp up!)
- Drizzle or brush your potatoes with olive oil.
- Dice your yellow onion and kind of smear it over your potatoes if you laid them out on your baking pan, or mix them all up in a bowl.
- Slice your sausage up into chunks and mix in with the potatoes.
- Cut up the bacon using kitchen shears and spread out over your mixture.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, depending on how crispy you want everything to be.
Scoop some out into a bowl and enjoy!