Most, if not all of the recipes I recommend on my site come from recipe books and Pinterest, or more meaningfully my friends…I’m really not creative when it comes to food, I just make tweaks… More
I started this post a while ago, back in March haha! I have a number of drafts that I have started and worked on but then just haven’t gotten around to finishing. We had gone to the Houston Rodeo that day so the boys could see the livestock and do some of the fun stuff they have around there, and then of course once we got home I was pretty wiped and wanted an easy dinner!
This has become one of our favorites, an easy Friday night go to for us. When we went to visit my cousin in Austin in March, Ashley made these for us for dinner one night and it was so yummy! Y’all know how I like to just snag recipes from people and then stick them on here haha, so I want to make sure I give credit where credit is due!
First, I’m sharing some cute pictures of our fun day and then I will get on the yummy recipe! I do want to go ahead and mention that the way we ate this tonight, was not a whole30 meal, but if you are going for that, then just adjust your toppings and serve on a patacone, over a bed of lettuce or with plantain chips.
Ok so on to the recipe! Again, super easy and flavorful! We even enjoyed this leftover as well! One of my favorite things to make as a side for this is the Crunchy Apple Coleslaw Salad, it has a sweetness that helps balance out the salty!
- Raw fresh Shrimp – You could probably use frozen as well, I just like getting shrimp from the market area or fresh meats area of the store for this. You could opt for tail on or off haha depending on how much work you want to do!
- olive oil or coconut oil
- Seasonings: Ashley just said she sprinkles and adds according to taste, I kind of smell it as I go kind of adjust based on that… maybe that was TMI haha…
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- Toppings: You can get creative here or eat based upon your dietary needs, but here are some ideas that we’ve enjoyed…
- guacamole (duh)
- sour cream
- cilantro (definitely include this one!)
- shredded lettuce
- corn relish
- Corn Tortillas, Plantain Chips or Patacones depending on your preference
What to do:
- Clean your shrimp and rinse.
- Place your shrimp in a bowl and add your seasonings.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan on the stove. Once it is melted, add your shrimp and stir around.
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip them to the other side and cook a few more minutes.
- Add them to your dish and top how you want! And then enjoy with a La Croix on your back porch with your loves!
I think everyone has those nights when they get up in the morning and have a busy day planned, and realize you have nothing planned for dinner, or time to go get anything! This is seriously the easiest meal on the planet! I had a day where I wanted something yummy for dinner but no time, so just looked in the fridge around lunch time and saw some chicken breasts, and knew I had a jar of salsa in the pantry, so just threw those two things together and made a yummy meal in minutes!
- Chicken Breasts
- Jar of Salsa – probably around 16 oz. (If you are doing a Whole30, check sugar content and other ingredients for compliance!)
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
Why to Do:
- Rinse your chicken breasts, trim off any fat and place it in your crock pot.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of chicken stock on top of the chicken.
- Pour the jar of salsa on top.
- Set your crock pot to cook on high for 4 hours. If you have more time you could do low for longer.
- After it has finished cooking, shred your chicken and mix the salsa all in.
You could easily use this shredded chicken for tacos, burritos, taco bowls, on top of a patacone or even enchilada filler. I ate mine straight from my plate with some yummy plantain chips and guacamole! It was super tasty and easy! Save this recipe for a busy night for sure!